SIGN UPS - Insurgency Championship 2013
We're Doing It! Deadline for sign ups is November 6.
We're putting together a team! Get cracking and sign up. The Fight Nights have gotten great traction so far, so we expect awesome prizes from the championship. Already have 3 one-year servers up for grabs! It will be the first of a long line of Championships, so don't miss out, sign up and let's kick ass!
Hey guys, I need all those interested in participating in the Insurgency Championships to sign up asap in this thread. Please follow this signup template:
Sundays 3-6pm EST - Yes/No
Sundays 6-8pm EST - Yes/No
Sundays 8-11pm EST - Yes/No
The Championship will last 6 weeks starting November 10th. The NA daylight savings time will end by then.
The Devil's Brigade - Special Forces
An elite competitive team of TDB (Description).
The Special Forces is looking to fill the Leader role. As a Leader of SF you will solely be responsible for organizing, leading, running Boot Camps, and recruiting into the SF. If you think you are up for it and are interested in having a competitive team in TDB once again, please reply and connect with me.
Epicenter has done a great job with revitalizing the SF forums. Check them out, there's a lot of info collected over the years: http://tdbgaming.net...special-forces/
Insurgency Championship Series 2013
The first of its kind in the new Insurgency history . I will be one of the organizers for the Insurgency Championship Series 2013. Teams sign ups are now open, we'll see if TDB will be putting forward a team also.
There is much more information to be revealed still, but you can have a quick read in the official thread:
by J. Blum
Welcome to Beta! Here is the change list:
- Added new theater system to allow the game to be fully extendable so that in the future people will be able to easily make addons, new weapons, etc.
- The addition of Light Machine Guns with deployable bipods - M249 and RPK.
- Added additional new weapons - M4A1, UMP45 and M1A1 Carbine.
- Massive updates to all the existing maps in the game.
- New squad system allowing better coordination between teammates and use of a tactical overhead map.
- Squad mates can be seen on the HUD no matter where they are on the map
- New weight system where each piece of weaponry, gear, and equipment you have affects your body movement, stamina, recoil, etc.
- New class preset system where you choose a class as a starting point, but can still modify your inventory to your liking.
- 7 up-to-date coop maps with checkpoint and hunt support.
- Battle added back in (for Market and District only).
- Heights converted into a Push map.
- Checkpoint updated to 3 objectives with team spawn after each capture.
- All new weapon sounds.
- Made 3d scope higher resolution.
- Improved hit detection.
- Flashlight is now an attachment.
- Players do not take any damage for 30 seconds if they're inside a spawn zone
- Added sv_deadtext which allows dead players to talk to living through text chat. Enabled by default.
- Lots of other misc. fixes and improvements (and a few things we broke, but will fix soon!).
** HOT FIX - 8/22 at 12:30 PM PST **
- Kit Selection can now be accessed in your spawn area by pressing +use (F) like it was in the Alpha.
- Fixed RPK only having 6 shots - now has the full 75 ammo capacity.
- Fixed a bug with single shot weapons (sniper rifles and shotguns) where going between stand and crouch would exit the bolt/pump sequence immediately.
- Improved overhead maps with fixed transparency on player icons.
- M249 no longer has two AP ammo options.
- Reloading no longer slows you down so much.
- Beta does not mean feature complete or bug-free, it means we feel our gameplay is now matured to the point we can proceed into the polish phase. This is still early access and the game may break, but we will actively be releasing updates to address issues that arise.
- New user interfaces are very work in progress - they will get a lot nicer looking in the coming days and weeks ahead.
- Post your bugs and share your feedback! We're listening.
by J. Blum
... So this brings me to our upcoming Beta. We don’t have an official date, but will provide it to you guys when we get a little closer. We are however, nearing it, and are about to go “black” on official updates as we integrate the following:
- New theater system that will allow theater-specific weapons, characters, classes, squad structures, etc.
- New squad system utilizing fire-teams for Security and cells for Insurgents, including leadership roles within these squads and voice communication options for better team coordination.
- 4 new weapons (including Light Machine Guns).
- Improved coop – updated bots, new Checkpoint features, bot chatter, support for each map.
- Tactical overhead maps.
- Revised class preset and supply system – class presets allocate your starting supply accordingly, however these supply tokens are fully refundable allowing players to reconfigure their outfit and earn more supply as the game goes on. Players will all have a max supply, which in the future will grow as you gain more persistent experience.
- New user interfaces for team selection, squad selection, equipment selection, end game, etc.
- Significant improvements to many of the existing levels.
- Game modes and levels as consistent and cohesive as possible, demonstrating only the best gameplay experiences for each map, with game modes as evenly distributed as possible.
We at New World Interactive are excited to announce that Insurgency will go live on Steam tomorrow, April 25th at 11am Pacific (20:00 Central Europe).
What does this mean exactly? It means that the game is still in Alpha, but it will be released alongside the 15 other early access games currently available on Steam. We will be introducing our game for the first time to the impulse buyer on Steam, which will provide you all with a fresh new pool of gamers to school on the servers.
What is the status of the game? We may not have released an update in 9 days, but that doesn't mean we haven't been hard at work. Here is a list of new things you can expect to see in the update we're including with the release:
- New Battle game mode as the primary game mode for the maps District and Market. This mode is based on the Battle game mode in the mod, essentially a tug-of-war with dynamic front-line combat.
- Numerous map updates: Various map improvements all across the board. Fixed lighting and fog issues in Uprising, Market and Contact.
- Fixed major coop bug bringing servers into an endless hibernation loop where bots are no longer added until server admin manually forces a changelevel.
- Added coop cvar mp_coop_lobbysize and added automatic bot adding and kicking to make sure this amount of player slots is available
- Updated coop maps, AI placement and nav meshes
- New sounds for AK, M16, SKS and MP40. Footstep sound tweaks.
- Fixed sway bug that would happen when the player reaches low stamina, making their weapon wig out a bit.
- New Insurgent textures.
- New SKS and AK textures.
- More weapon animation polish.
- Fixed missing sound errors and sound glitching.
- Fixed missing holster texture on Security player models.
- Sync'd player animation speeds to movement speeds better.
- Resolved issue with some of the shooting animations that caused the feet to snap strangely (IK issue).
- Fixed skybox issue where the sun or moon wasn't being emitted through the skybox. You can now enjoy proper solar and lunar blooming.
- Tweaked the HUD composition to be a little bit more minimalist and sleak.
- Tweaked movement speeds for each class.
- Tweaked view bobbing and sway.
- Made the 4x scopes consistent from weapon to weapon.
- Fixed a crash on the scoreboard accessing steamapicontext->SteamFriends() when null.
- Added convar sv_hud_scoreboard_draw_avatars to disable avatars on the scoreboard.
- SDK updated with objective set up for 3 and 4 point push maps.
1. Why is there no one playing?
We have had quite a low number of sales so far, and on top of that being in Alpha we managed to break the game on multiple occasions which we believe contributed to this more than anything else. We saw a noticeable decline in concurrent users (about -70%) when we broke grenades and introduced the nasty C4 server crash that took us way too long to fix. We believe that in this upcoming update the game will be in a very solid place, and that releasing on Steam will help us get more sales, more people on the servers, and most importantly more feedback.
2. Why haven't you tried marketing the Early Access on your website more?
Our strategy has been to keep early access relatively low key for the time being, as we knew we would be experimenting with different things and occasionally breaking the game. With this early access release on Steam we will only push updates that have been tested thoroughly beforehand, so you can expect to see a much higher overall quality of updates. We will also not be committing to weekly updates anymore as we've found them to not work really well for us. Instead of releasing frequent updates, we will instead release meaningful ones. Now that the game is going on Steam and we are raising our standards a bit, we will start marketing the game and get the word out to people.
Here is a full list of our features which will be on our store page:
- Experience intense 32 player online action with a focus on teamwork
- Rack up supply points for your team and customize the game's arsenal to your unique play style
- Several multiplayer game types and game modes including the intense online co-op experience "Insurgent Hunt" and a "Realism" mode crafted by the community
- Multiple environments that span several unique settings and play styles
- Three unique player classes that affect movement and gameplay on the battlefield
- Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- Help the development team prototype new maps and game modes
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux
- Siege - Occupy, Firefight, Elimination
- Heights - Occupy, Firefight, Elimination
- Contact - Occupy, Firefight, Elimination
- Uprising - Occupy, Firefight, Elimination
- District - Battle, Occupy, Elimination
- Market - Battle, Occupy, Elimination
Originally posted here: http://www.playinsur...s-release-date/
Interview with J. Blum: http://www.rollinbro...surgency-2.html
Ok once again there has been a Video review of INS2, A website called Destructoid interviewed the developers of ins2 and they have approximate 2 hours of commentary and game play showing the 3 maps that has been released with this version of the game.
Hope you Enjoy..
I'm pleased to announce that The Devil's Brigade will have an Insurgency 2 server setup and running on day one of Early Access for Insurgency 2!
That's Tomorrow !!
Name: -|TDB|- TDBGaming.net .:. The Devil's Brigade .:. Recruiting!
Insurgency "Early Access" Release Date: March 1, 2013
New World Interactive is excited to announce the March 1, 2013 launch of our Insurgency Early Access!
Our Kickstarter campaign may not have been successful - but that hasn’t stopped us from taking your feedback and pouring it into the game. To show our appreciation, we will be sending out promotional codes that apply a 30% discount on the Early Access price for all Kickstarter backers. You will also receive all subsequent updates to the game, and a 10% discount for a friend. Keep an eye on those inboxes!
Beginning in March, Insurgency fans will be able join the developers through Steam to help shape the future of this uniquely cerebral shooter.
What does ‘early access’ mean?
The game is fully playable now, but there is always room for improvement! We want to serve our biggest fans by giving them early access on Steam to not only play the game early, but help us craft Insurgency as we reach the finish line.
How much will it cost?
The final price of the game will be $20.
Do I have to pay for subsequent updates, including the ‘full’ version released on Steam?
Nope! The price you pay includes all updates to the game, including our Steam release and future content released thereafter.
What platform are you on?
We are using the latest version of Valve’s Source Engine for PC and Mac OS X. We also have plans to eventually support Linux.
What will be in early access:
Intense 32+ player online action with a focus on teamwork.
Three unique classes that affect your movement on the battlefield.
Our most popular maps and game modes.
Gain supply and customize the game’s arsenal to your play style.
Use 3D VOIP to coordinate with other players. But always beware - nearby enemies can eavesdrop and use this information against you!
For all of you that are Interested in the ongoing INS2 project there is a new review of it out with 40 minuets of game play Video.
There is commentary throughout the hole video as to what you are watching, what direction ins2 is still working on moving to, and what the future hopefully holds for it.