19 replies to this topic

#1 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Ok once again there has been a Video review of INS2, A website called Destructoid interviewed the developers of ins2 and they have approximate 2 hours of commentary and game play showing the 3 maps that has been released with this version of the game.

Hope you Enjoy..

http://www.twitch.tv...oid/b/372766740

Click here to view the article
Posted Image

Ad revenue helps pay for servers.

#2 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

New World Interactive is now having public discussion forums for Insurgency 2: http://forums.newworldinteractive.com

Board for Alpha Test: http://forums.newwor...cy-2-Alpha-Test

Please post here if you are interested in testing INS2. Please tell us your weekly availability (in GMT-7 Mountain Standard Time), system specs and more info about your experience with Insurgency mod.

Insurgency 2 Steam Group:
http://steamcommunit...ups/insurgency2

Posted Image

#3 SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 729 posts
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:5886518
  • Minecraft:SnakeG

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Awesome! Good news.

I know they had a few different teams working on a rebuild of Insurgency.

New World was spawned off of a small group of the former-active development team for Insurgency. Another group was working on rebuilding Insurgency from the pre-orangebox build (the original 1.0), but that team died out.

This looks cool. I hope we all get accepted for Alpha testing.
Posted Image

#4 Weebs-ó-

Weebs-ó-

Advanced Member

• Junior Officers
  • 491 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hopefully this releases before im neck deep in guild wars 2
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Latest INS2 News

INS2 @ GDC PLAY

DENVER, COLORADO | FEB 28, 2012 - New World Interactive is proud to announce that it will be showing off it's first title, Insurgency 2, at GDC Play 2012 in San Francisco on March 6th-8th.

People will be able to come up to our "pod" and play the game at their own convenience. We are quite happy to be showing the game to the public at this time, as the game is quite fun to play online. We have done our best to stay true to the original Insurgency mod's core gameplay fundamentals, while improving upon them and bringing about some new features along the way.

We have just a week ago entered Alpha and started internally testing. The players are mostly people that used to play INS mod competitively. The feedback has been great so far. We're looking for more US based testers, so if you're interested you can apply here.
Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#6 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

If you apply to be a tester you will not receive e-mail Confirmation that you were excepted by NWI you will just gain more access on the forums from them, after you gain more access follow the directions from jablum and he will work with you to get you going..
Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#7 NiK

NiK

Advanced Member

• Officers
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Gotcha, yea i was wonderin how that works. Thanks again geezer, its awesome to see so many tdb faces on there :)
Posted Image

#8 Weebs-ó-

Weebs-ó-

Advanced Member

• Junior Officers
  • 491 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

IF INS 2 shows to be at least old insurgency with support and new maps/guns and whatnot ill get back into it and join you guys. INS for me lost a lot of taste after the hundreds of hours into it I just couldnt find the same thing over and over enjoyable anymore, but this may breath new life into an awesome old game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Insurgency 2 Webpage: http://www.insurgenc...x.php?page=home
Posted Image

#10 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

Some of the latest News for INS2.

Welcome home, INSURGENCY fans
DENVER, COLORADO | MAR 13, 2012 - For those of you who thought that the INSURGENCY franchise was dead - boy were you wrong! Many of the original creators of the mod have returned from years of industry experience to resurrect the once popular game and turn it into something people would be interested in purchasing at a low cost. A small studio was formed in Denver, Colorado where the New World Interactive development team has been hard at work turning this sequel into a reality. Six months later, our core team of 3 onsite and 8 offsite developers are ready to introduce something quite refreshing to the FPS scene - INSURGENCY 2.

INS2 takes place in the present and near past in insurgencies that have taken place all throughout the world - Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya and Chechnya. The game's controls, teamwork focus, and high powered weapons make it feel in many ways like the original Source Mod, but the re-designed levels, new game modes, increased pace, and expanded loadout options have made the game much more accessible.

This project has been top secret over the past 6 months, but we have decided to allow the world to see what we've been working on at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. The feedback was overall very positive! A surprising amount of former INS fans emerged, all of whom were shocked and excited to see a sequel in the works.

We will be releasing some video footage from GDC shortly just to show you guys that we were there, and we really have a game in the works. It may not be the best representation of game play as we were too busy talking to people instead of taking more video, but you guys can surely expect more media to come over the course of the coming months as the game continues to be polished.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some over-the-shoulder action
DENVER, COLORADO | MAR 13, 2012 - We are showing off some over-the-shoulder video footage of INSURGENCY 2. The game is very early, so don't be too critical! We've achieved something that appears quite fun and stable, which anyone was allowed to come up to and give a try at GDC - newbies and hard-core FPS gamers alike. The general response was quite positive, and I apologize if we didn't get the best footage as we spent most of our time there interacting with others and we literally thought at the last second "we better take some video footage."

Well, hope you guys can take something from it and appreciate it for what it is!

Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#11 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

First Gameplay Footage

DENVER, COLORADO | MAR 24, 2012 - We have released a first look at the gameplay that is emerging in INSURGENCY 2. We hope you all like it so far!

INSURGENCY 2 ALPHA GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#12 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

NWI promised:

... to make a remastered version of the game ... with new and improved levels and gameplay...

but we will get this INSURGENCY 2 FEATURES:

We have kept the "Push" game mode but made it only 2 objectives instead of 4, so the maps are smaller and the rounds quicker. Teams swap after the round is over so attackers become defenders and defenders attackers

Most maps have only one (1!) objective. No in-game-overview map or HUD.

In the new king of the hill inspired "Occupy" Game Mode, teams fight over control of the map's central high ground. Maps for this game mode are generally quite small in size and rounds can be quite intense toward the final seconds

Players can collect and trade personal items in the game. Sidearms, melee weapons and explosives are all items that players can collect over time in the game. Ideally players will also be able to submit custom models to us, and upon approval have their item purchasable through Steam like hats in Team Fortress 2

Stupid pink hats? WTF?
Posted Image

#13 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Found this on the InterWave Forums:

Insurgency Move

Hello everyone,

As of today (30 March 2012) we have moved all the Insurgency stuff from InterWave to New World Interactive (part of the old Insurgency mod team).
They are currently working on Insurgency 2 and will also take care of the older Insurgency mode.

That was posted by the InterWave Managing Director

Edited by Xorr, 05 May 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

#14 NiK

NiK

Advanced Member

• Officers
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

What is interwave? First time hearing that name

And yes, the directio of insurgency 2 i think is faultering. They are focusing too much on the arcade comercial shit that could ruin the game. The balance between complexoty/realism and arcade shooter was perfect in the first one. I really hope they get back on that fine line insurgency was walking
Posted Image

#15 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

New game-play-video (Aug 8 2012)

Posted Image

#16 jakeh89

jakeh89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Make sure you check out their kickstarter! This game is almost finished just needs the extra bump!

http://www.kickstart...ve/insurgency-2

#17 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

The newest INS'2 game play video.

Like it , Love it, Leave it, That's for you to decide.

Hope you enjoy.

Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#18 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

ok once again there has been a Video review of INS2, A website called Destructoid interviewed the developers of ins2 and they have approximate 2 hours of commentary and game play showing the 3 maps that has been released with this version of the game.

Hope you Enjoy..

http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid/b/372766740

This post has been promoted to an article
Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

#19 Xorr

Xorr

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

While playing the new INS2 map Contact, we had a chat with 'Jonny5' (INS2 developer of NWI) giving some info on upcoming maps:

-|TDB|-Xorr : hey Jonny5 are u stll mapping for NWI?
Jonny 5 : yes
-|TDB|-Xorr : cool!
Jonny 5 : Posted Image
-|TDB|-Xorr : what is coming next? ;-)
Jonny 5 : from me, contact coop and redo of plaza/martket and some updates to district
Jonny 5 : we have another guy expanding heights and making it more realistic and larger
[R A F] Pedro : do you plan to create maps from the first INS ?
Jonny 5 : and set up for push
-|TDB|-Xorr : good, market really needs work
Jonny 5 : um. yes i am responsible for bahgdad remake Posted Image
Jonny 5 : i made siege, siege coop, contact, district, market and plaza
-|TDB|-Xorr : is bahgdad a full remake with all 5 points
Jonny 5 : district plaza and market were not meant to be releaed yet, since i still had alot of art to do on em
Jonny 5 : so i will be making those better
Jonny 5 : then moving onto a bahgdad remake
Jonny 5 : ive started much of it but not yet playable yet
Jonny 5 : the guy doing heights is working on sinjar in tandem
-|TDB|-Xorr : is bahgdad a full remake
Jonny 5 : ya
Jonny 5 : it will be a full push map
Jonny 5 : same size and footprint of the old one
-|TDB|-Xorr : u made my day!
Jonny 5 : original creator is still on our team
Jonny 5 : steppenwolf
Jonny 5 : but he will be ding assets
-|TDB|-Xorr : ding assets?
Jonny 5 : this map is a small map... smallest we will have. meant for flashlights and nvg's which are comingvery soon
Jonny 5 : siege is small
Jonny 5 : plaza will be small - mid
Jonny 5 : heights - mid sized
Jonny 5 : and bahgdad - large
Jonny 5 : if that gives an ideas of scale
Jonny 5 : this map is meant for smaller teams looking for intense firefights
Jonny 5 : while something like bahgdad and sinjar will be very large for more tactics and planning
Jonny 5 : many people want large maps
Jonny 5 : but remember large maps takes alot more time
Jonny 5 : so while we have other people working on larger maps
Jonny 5 : my personal goal is to get content out on timely manner
Posted Image

#20 GEEZER

GEEZER

Advanced Member

• Leaders
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Xorr Great interview, that is some of the best information on upcoming maps and releases that I have read. I personally am looking forward to the remakes that will be coming out, to sum this up a quote from you.... u made my day ! :yahoo:
Posted Image

Frag me if you can..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users